St. Elizabeth Seton
We are a spirit filled Catholic Community of faith-centered people dedicated to the growth of God's Kingdom, and the living of the Gospel. We proclaim the Good News of Salvation to all by living a life of faith and loving concern for all our sisters and brothers.
Due to the current surge in Covid cases, all social gatherings in the parish are temporarily suspended.
- The family dinner and youth group events planned will be rescheduled at a later time.
- Coffee Hour is cancelled.
- All January Sessions planned for the Synod discussions will be held via Zoom. Please take a flyer on the way out of church and rsvp for the session of your choice. The first sessions will take place this coming weekend Saturday and Sunday, January 15th and 16th. Pope Francis wants to hear everyone’s input, and this is your chance to share your thoughts about the future of our church.
- The parish office is available via telephone and email only.If you have any parish business to attend to or need a mass card, please call or send an email to Sarah in the Parish Office and she will assist you.
- Many ministries have moved their meetings online.
- Although there is no mandate from the Town of Ridgefield, First Selectman Rudy Marconi has requested that everyone in the community voluntarily wear their masks when you are out and about. It is especially appreciated if you wear your mask to church for the safety of everyone.
Religious Education classes will be AT Home Study until January 18th
Come, Holy Ghost, Creator blest, And in our hearts take up they rest.
This weekend St. Elizabeth Seton begins our Synod gathering sessions with two Zoom sessions for January as follows:
Sunday, January 16th at 2-3 PM
Thursday, January 27 at 7-8 PM
Based on our "No Live Gathering" restriction remaining in place, the February schedule for Zoom sessions is:
Sunday, February 20 at 2-3 PM
Thursday, February 24 at 7-8 PM
Come speak and listen with your hearts while the Holy Spirit guides us.
Sing to the Lord, All the Earth
For those willing to sing and comfortable to participate, weekly choir rehearsals are underway Thursdays at 7:00 pm in the sanctuary.
A recent memo from the bishop’s office indicated:
1. Choirs are no longer limited to 8 people.
2. Instrumentalists continue to be allowed.
3. Masks are only required of choir members who are not vaccinated; however, they are recommended for all choir members.
4. No social distancing among choir members is required.
5. Choir rehearsals are to follow the same protocols.
It gives me great joy to share with you that our parish has a subscription to FORMED, a premier online platform filled with over 4,000 Catholic studies, movies, audio dramas, talks, e-books, and even cartoons for our children. FORMED has content from over 60 apostolates, including Augustine Institute, Ignatius Press, and the Knights of Columbus, with material that is professionally produced, engaging, and solid in its catechism. Best of all, this material is free to you.
To gain access to all of FORMED’s content, follow these simple steps:
That’s it! You’re in. Now you can get the free FORMED app for your phone by searching FORMED Catholic in your app store.
Latest from Flocknotes
You can view weekly parish announcements and past Flocknotes under the Parish tab on the top of this home page.
Mass Schedule/ Int entions If you are unable to join us in person, you may connect to the livestream Mass via our Facebook page or our website . The Daily 8:3 0A.M. Mass and the Sunday 9:30A.M. Mass is livestreamed on...
It is Time to Come Home
Please take a moment to listen to this message from Bishop Caggiano regarding the changes in current restrictions due to the pandemic and the end of the general dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass. You may click here to review the letter from the Connecticut Catholic Conference of Bishops and here for details on how current guidelines will be implemented in our parish. All the changes will take effect next weekend beginning with the Vigil Mass of the Solemnity of Pentecost.
Live Streamed Mass
Live Stream Videos
While attendance at Mass will be limited due COVID-19, we will be live streaming Masses. These can be followed live on facebook and will be posted on this website following the livestream. All videos will be on our VIDEO page. In addition PLEASE consider continuing your weekly giving to our parish by signing up with Online Giving. It is easy to do and to manage!
Stay up to date with parish happenings by signing up for Flocknotes. See the latest posts...
If you are not already a parishioner here at St. Elizabeth Seton, we invite you to join our parish family. Anyone wishing to join the parish should complete a Parish census form which can be downloaded here... or picked up from the table in the back of the church. Then call the office to make an appointment to be personally welcomed by our Pastor, Father Joseph A. Prince. One must be an active, registered parishioner to receive an eligibility certificate to act as a sponsor for Baptism or Confirmation. Please notify the office if you move and/or change your telephone number. If you are using the downloaded form - be sure to save it and print it out.